This expansion board focuses attention to the analog audio side of electronics, and contains an audio generation, visualization and output loop.
Side panels are meant to bring easy access to commonly used components that are difficult to wire on breadboards due to their dimensions, or require additional equipment to operate them. Side panels give a plug and play interface that lets users to concentrate on experiments or learning, rather than spending time solving issues on how to interface with the part.
Here’s one of the great examples what one can do with the Audio Side Panel (together with a few other components, available at Totem):
Side panel includes:
- Audio amplifier with speaker — AB class discrete
audio amplifier with integrated loudspeaker. Can route
amplified audio signal either to the speaker or to external
sink via breadboard pins. Capable of outputting up to 1 W
of RMS power. Works with 12 V voltage source.
- LED VU-meter — Audio signal volume unit (VU) with
10 bar LED display. Works in approximately 3dB/step, 30
dB range. Has an integrated sensitivity adjustment
- Digital function generator — sine, square, and triangle
wave generator capable of outputting signals up to 12.5 MHz .
Has a potentiometer for output amplitude control. Can be
easily controlled from TotemDuino board.
- Filter bench – simple pi-filter prototyping area.
Can be used to experiment with various component
effect on signals.
Attaching to the Mini Lab Frame:
- The Kit includes all ready-to-use mechanical parts and tools to fix side panel on the Mini Lab frame.
- Fixes elegantly to the sides.
- You can easily have several panels attached to your Mini Lab simultaneously.