BUILD, PLAY AND EXPAND
- This small but powerful constructor from Totem is meant to be fun to play and easy to learn mechanics and basics of robotics.
- This small car with gripper is app controlled.
- The gripper is a mini version of robotic arm, that is easy to control and grab things.
- Lots of fun while playing alone or competing with friends.
- Gripper Bot is controlled by Totem Mini Control Board, which expands your build and play possibilities.
REAL LIFE ENGINEERING
Gripper Bot is made from solid and durable parts that are used in higher level robotics. Learn to use robotics tools and discover real life engineering solutions.
STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) skills help kids to develop critical thinking, creativity and problem solving, also encourages the curiosity about how the world works. Totem STEAM toys, is a great tool to encourage the development of those skills and interest in STEAM fields in the future.
By assembling the Gripper Bot, one can learn:
- Basics of mechanics in robotics projects.
- Simple engineering solutions.
- Usage of different mechanical parts and tools.
- Same mechanical parts usage in different models/situations.
- Properties of different materials.
- Lifting potential: 60 g.
- Speed: 0.9 m/s.
- Battery life: 25 min.
- Assembly time: ~1,5 hours.
- Gripper opens: 5 cm.
What’s in the box:
- DC Motor – with leads and JST connectors, 48:1 gear ratio, 200 rpm shaft output at 6 V.
- Mini Servo Motor.
- Mechanical parts.
- Tools – all tools needed to assemble the toy.
- Rechargeable battery and Charger.
- Mini Control Board X3.
- Printed colourful assembly instruction booklet.
Mini Control Board X3
Totem robots (including Gripper Bot) use our developed Mini Control Board X3 to control motors and other accessories. Here are some examples of what can be made with it: