Totem RoboBoard X4 attachment module for distance measuring. (RoboBoard X4 not included). Integrated laser sensor gives accurate reading between module and solid surface.
- 8 RGB LED
- Measurement range 3cm to 120cm
- Communication and power over TotemBUS
- Controllable with TotemAPI (https://docs.totemmaker.net/modules/11/)
- Size: 30 x 30 x 9 mm (L x W x H)
- Mounting holes are compatible with Totem construction system
- Connects in daisy chain with RoboBoard X4 and the rest of TotemBUS system
- Equip robot with more colorful lights
- Robot obstacle avoidance
- “Trip wire” detection
- Object move detection
- Stacking height, water level measurement
- And more
Arduino IDE setup:
Usage example code:
- Don’t forget to remove protective clear plastic sheets from connectors and sensor itself.
- TotemBUS connector goes in only one way. Check if it’s not reversed before plugging in.
TotemBUS System is an upcoming system, consisting of various electronics modules, that are compatible with programmable RoboBoard X4 controller. The system will expand the possibilities of the RoboBoard X4 control board, and therefore will give even more fun to the products, which are using the RoboBoard X4, such as the Black Spider and other robots, as well as to your own unique robots. RoboBoard X4 supports the unlimited amount of modules connected at the same time.
The TotemBUS System will contain such modules:
- Distance sensor — using lasers for measuring distances to obstacles
- Buttons and potentiometers — for adding user input to your creations
- Display — showing data, graphics and plots
- White line sensor — for making your robot drive across a marked track
- Audio module — making your robot able to understand, record sounds as well as have a voice of his own
- And many more to come!