Follow the Assembly Book to make a Platform:
This kit includes our latest RoboBoard X3 control board (replaces older Mini Control Board). It contains Arduino programming, 3.7V battery with USB charging, DC and Servo motor control, accelerometer and gyroscope, wireless capabilities for remote control and Internet access. More features can be added using available Qwiic connector and GPIO pins for custom control and communications.
- 1x RoboBoard X3 – robot development board with Arduino programming and wireless connectivity.
- 4x DC Motor – with leads and JST connectors, 48:1 gear ratio, 200 rpm shaft output at 6 V.
- 4x Wheels – with rubber tires (67 mm diameter). Two sides flattened shaft holes, to conveniently mount directly on the motor.
- 1x Battery – LiPo, 3.7 V, 250 mAh.
- 1x USB-C cable for charging and programming.
- 1x Printed color Assembly book.
- Totem mechanical parts and tools for building chassis frame.
- Totem Pre-Cut Maker Kit – perfect addition to build on top of the chassis;
- Totem Maker Kit – perfect for building larger car projects;
- Add Servo or other motors up to 0.5 A (not included in the Kit) for more complex and fun projects;
- Use hot glue or double-sided tape to attach motors to anything. Build from cardboard, use old toy or even 3D print your own idea.
RoboBoard can be remotely controlled using Totem smartphone app with predefined controls or custom ones for your own project. Application allows to create buttons with variable parameters and intercept them in Arduino code.
All this functionality is integrated into Totem software and enabled with a few lines of code: https://docs.totemmaker.net/roboboard/api/totemapp/
Also, ESP32 enables access to the Internet or even interact with wireless gamepad controllers.
RoboBoard is well integrated with Arduino framework. Most of the features are accessible with single line of code without require for external libraries. Even allows to setup drivetrain algorithms or control motor speed and acceleration. See API specifications: https://docs.totemmaker.net/roboboard/api/
Compatible with Arduino IDE and PlatfomIO. Check for setup instructions: https://docs.totemmaker.net/setup/
RoboBoard is a single board for all robotic needs. It contains some most common features, but can be expanded with additional Qwiic modules. Even third-party modules works with integrated motor drivers. For custom controls or communications – available GPIO pins can be used (compatible with general Arduino libraries).
Information for interacting with Qwiic and GPIO pins: https://docs.totemmaker.net/roboboard/api/gpio-qwiic/
Totem robots (including 4WD car) use our developed RoboBoard X3 to control motors and other accessories. Here are some examples of what can be made with it: