All in one solution for engineers’ laboratory
No more messy electronics
Using Mini Lab is perfectly simple and fun! You will no longer have to deal with messy wiring, fragile connections and headaches of where to mount every separate part of your experiment. Now prototyping is easy and neat.
Perfect for classrooms as well as individual makers
Laboratory includes a variety of measuring instruments and ready-to-use electronics blocks for experiments. Also, it is fully compatible with Arduino programming environment.
While not intended to be used in place of a professional level equipment, Mini Lab has its own advantages. Small size, speed of setup and versatility will suit any maker’s workshop.
What’s in the box
- TotemDuino – our improved version of Arduino UNO.
- LabBoard – a capable experimentation and measuring platform.
- 34-pin flat cable – use it to connect TotemDuino and LabBoard together.
- Collection of Totem construction parts – for building Totem workbench.
- Power adapter 15V – to power laboratory from the mains (EU adapter only*).
- Breadboards CYB-120 (2 units) – to extend your experimentation area.
- Breadboard cables – Jump wire (Male/Male) 20 cm x 40 pcs. U Shape Breadboard Jumper Cable Kit, 140 pcs.
- Building instructions – suggested use of Totem parts for building a workbench where everything neatly mounts together.
- Standard USB 2.0 Mini Cable 1m (A-male to mini-male).
* You can get the UK power adapter here.
This board has a dual use. Firstly, it can be used as an expansion board to the TotemDuino system, offering easily accessible input and output connections. Secondly, it is a measuring and testing unit. It is containing such features:
- Variable low voltage – a 3-channel (DAC) converter, capable of outputting a pre-set voltage in the 0-3.25V range.
- Variable high voltage – a single channel converter, capable of outputting a pre-set voltage in the 3-14V range.
- Voltage measure – 3 inputs in the +-0.5V, +-5V and +-50V range.
- Current measure – sensing current up to 800 mA.
- Frequency meter – digital signal frequency measurement module, capable of signals up to 23 MHz.
- Pulse counter – digital signal pulse counter, counting up to 999,999,999 pulses in a signal.
- Pulse generator – unit capable of generating finite or infinite series of pulses, with programmable frequency and duty cycle.
- I2C scanner – discover I2C address of connected module.
- DHT11 monitor – read temperature and humidity of connected DHT11 sensor.
- AD9833 control – control frequency of connected AD9833 signal generator.
- Serial monitor – view simple
Serial.println()output of Arduino code.
- Arduino control – control LabBoard features from Arduino code using Totem Library.
- PC control – control LabBoard from computer using Serial protocol.
TotemDuino expands upon the great Arduino UNO platform idea. While it is kept fully backwards compatible with Arduino and a lot of additional features are included as well:
- ATmega328P – based on popular microcontroller.
- Output protection – output pins going into LabBoard protected against over-voltage or short-circuit conditions.
- Expansion port – a 34 pin flat-cable connection connects to the LabBoard for easy pin access.
- Powerful 5V regulator – you will be less likely to run out of power while experimenting with higher power loads.
- Selectable microcontroller logic voltage – TotemDuino can work with both 5V and 3.3V logic voltage just by the flip of a switch.
For full instructions view documentation website: https://docs.totemmaker.net/totemduino/
Mini Lab Frame:
- No more messy electronics: Mini Lab is organized on 3-dimensional frame: it is easy to see, wire and reach all elements.
- It is easy to upgrade: add extra mechanics or electronics;
- Includes all mechanical elements needed for the assembly of the frame: Totem Beams are already cut and ready to use. Totem Magnetic Screwdriver is included;
- Move your Mini Lab safely without any wires losing connection or mishaps.
Optional Side Panels: expand the Mini Lab
Optional Side Panels can be used to create an even more immersible experience.
Side Panels contain separate ready-to-use electronics modules such as screens, sensors and switches. All of them help to achieve experience of coding with tangible results.