All in one solution for engineers’ laboratory
No more messy electronics
Using Mini Lab is perfectly simple and fun! You will no longer have to deal with messy wiring, fragile connections and headaches of where to mount every separate part of your experiment. Now prototyping is easy and neat.
This laboratory is meant to be used together with Totem construction system. It allows users to build solid workbenches with integrated breadboards. Moreover, laboratory is compatible with I/O, sensor and audio expansion boards, which can expand the capabilities of the Mini Lab even further.
Perfect for classrooms as well as individual makers
Laboratory includes a variety of measuring instruments and ready-to-use electronics blocks for experiments. Also, it is fully compatible with Arduino programming environment.
While not intended to be used in place of a professional level equipment, Mini Lab has its own advantages. Small size, speed of setup and versatility will suit any maker’s workshop.
What’s in the box
- TotemDuino – our improved version of Arduino UNO;
- LabBoard – a capable experimentation and measuring platform;
- 34-pin flat cable – use it to connect TotemDuino and LabBoard together;
- Collection of Totem construction parts – for building Totem workbench;
- Voltage adapter – to power laboratory from the mains;
- Breadboards CYB-120 (2 units) – to extend your experimentation area;
- Breadboard cables – Jump wire 20 cm x 40 pcs. U Shape Breadboard Jumper Cable Kit, 140 pcs;
- Building instructions – suggested use of Totem parts for building a workbench where everything neatly mounts together;
- Standard USB 2.0 Mini Cable 1m (A-male to mini-male).
This board has a dual use. Firstly, it can be used as an expansion board to the TotemDuino system, offering easily accessible input and output connections. Secondly, it is a measuring and testing unit. It is containing such modules:
- Digital to Analog converter – a 3-channel, 12-bit converter, capable of outputting a pre-set voltage in the 0-2.5V range;
- Voltage measure – 3 inputs in the +-0.5V, +-5V and +-50V range;
- Current measure – sensing current up to 800 mA;
- Frequency meter – digital signal frequency measurement module, capable of signals up to 1 MHz;
- Pulse counter – digital signal pulse counter, counting up to 999,999,999 pulses in a signal;
- Pulse generator – unit capable of generating finite or infinite series of pulses, with programmable pulse width and period.
TotemDuino expands upon the great Arduino UNO platform idea. While it is kept fully backwards compatible with Arduino and a lot of additional features are included as well:
- Output protection – all of its output pins going into LabBoard protected against over-voltage or short-circuit conditions;
- Expansion port – a 34 pin flat-cable connection connects to the LabBoard for easy pin access.
- Powerful 5V regulator – you will be less likely to run out of power while experimenting with higher power loads;
- Selectable microcontroller logic voltage – TotemDuino can work with both 5V and 3.3V logic voltage just by the flip of a switch.
Mini Lab Frame:
- No more messy electronics: Mini Lab is organized on 3-dimensional frame: it is easy to see, wire and reach all elements.
- It is easy to upgrade: add extra mechanics or electronics;
- Includes all mechanical elements needed for the assembly of the frame: Totem Beams are already cut and ready to use. Totem Magnetic Screwdriver is included;
- Move your Mini Lab safely without any wires losing connection or mishaps.
Optional Side Panels: expand the Mini Lab
Optional Side Panels can be used to create an even more immersible experience.
Side Panels contain separate ready-to-use electronics modules such as screens, sensors and switches. All of them help to achieve experience of coding with tangible results.